Thanks for coming out to our talks this semester, we all had a blast! See you again in September 🙂
We hope everyone had a wonderful winter break! Now that school’s back in session, please save the date to come and hear these awesome speakers.
- February 9 at 7pm: Alejandro Santillana (Insects Unlocked)
- March 9 at 7pm: Rong Ma (nature’s weaponry)
- April 13 at 8pm: Ashley Green (invasive species)
- May 11 at 8pm: Scott Solomon (Human Evolution in the 21st Century & Beyond)
We hope everyone is having a great summer! Please save the date to come and hear these awesome speakers!
- September 12: Kelsey Jiang (stickleback)
- October 10: Alejandro Berrio (coffee)
- November 14: Ian Wright (spiders)
- December 12 : Amanda Lea (Panama)
Congrats to previous SUTS speaker Patricia Salerno, who gave a fantastic talk last fall on the biology of the Tepuis of S. America, on her upcoming publication in the journal Evolution as well as today’s article by science writer Carl Zimmer in The New York Times.
Our Science Under the Stars speaker for this week – Jacob Soule – will be appearing on They Blinded Me With Science radio show tonight (Feb 6th, 2012) from 8:30PM-9PM on www.kvrx.org or 91.7FM. Jacob will be talking about some of the bizarre ways that animals and plants have coevolved for pollination.
Since 2008, “They Blinded Me With Science” has been home to the best of science news and current events. Hosted by DJ’s Ganglion, Perihelion, Anticodon, Chrysalis & Cyclohexane MONDAYS on KVRX 91.7, they bring you the best of science news, taboos, don’t and do’s, along with special guests, interviews and journal reviews. They cover everything from physics to hardcore genetics, amyloid plaques, supercomputers, mutants, androids, genetic experiments gone wrong, ecological nuances, science history and even modern takes on the science of kissing!