Mark your calendars! We have four amazing speakers scheduled for this semester:
- February 8: Spencer Fox – tracking disease outbreaks
- March 8: Colin Averill – mycorrhizal fungi in forests
- April 12: Gautam Surya – bird conservation in Northeast India
- May 10: Robby Deans – adaptations of aquatic insects
Science Under the Stars is a free public outreach lecture series in Austin, Texas. Events are held outdoors at Brackenridge Field Laboratory, 2907 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, Texas 78703. Arrive early for refreshments and fun activities for kids of all ages!
Note: We will post the precise schedules for each event in a separate, event-specific post. Follow this blog or our Facebook page to get event notifications.
Mark your calendars! We have four amazing speakers scheduled for this semester, topics will be updated as we get closer to each event:
- September 14: Caitlin Friesen (Topic: The Scientific Process)
- October 12: Chi-Chun Fang (Topic: Embryonic Development and Reproduction)
- November 9: Serena Zhao (Topic: Fungi)
- December 14: Andrius Dagilis (Topic: Hybridization & Speciation)
Thanks for coming out to our talks this semester, we all had a blast! See you again in September 🙂
We hope everyone had a wonderful winter break! Now that school’s back in session, please save the date to come and hear these awesome speakers.
- February 9 at 7pm: Alejandro Santillana (Insects Unlocked)
- March 9 at 7pm: Rong Ma (nature’s weaponry)
- April 13 at 8pm: Ashley Green (invasive species)
- May 11 at 8pm: Scott Solomon (Human Evolution in the 21st Century & Beyond)
We hope everyone is having a great summer! Please save the date to come and hear these awesome speakers!
- September 12: Kelsey Jiang (stickleback)
- October 10: Alejandro Berrio (coffee)
- November 14: Ian Wright (spiders)
- December 12 : Amanda Lea (Panama)